Honors & Awards
- Indian Council of Medical Research National Award: Mrs. Shakuntala Devi Amir Chand Prize, 1995, for outstanding Scientific Research.
- Indian Council of Medical Research National Award: Amrut Mody Unichem Award, 1996, for outstanding research in Neurology.
- Awarded ‘Shinshu Gold Medal’ by the Department of Neurosurgery, Shinshu University, Matsumoto, Japan, 1995, and awarded Honorary Life Membership of the department for contributions in skull base and cavernous sinus surgery.
- Boyscast Fellowship of Government of India, Department of Science and Technology, for Advanced Training Skull base Surgery, Pittsburgh, USA, 1991-92.
- First Position in M.Ch. (Neurosurgery), Bombay University, 1987.
- Dr. Deepak Kothari Gold Medal for first position in M.Ch. neurosurgery, Bombay University, 1987.
- Invited Guest member, Japan neurosurgical society, 2003.
- Eminent medical teacher, Dr. B.C. Roy National award 2003 at the hands of the President of India, July 1, 2005.